Membership renewal or new applicants
Please read the club rules and code of conduct which you will need to agree to abide by when you join Exeter Triathlon Club whether online or on paper. All members will be contacted to arrange to help at one of the club events. Remember that you will not be able to attend training sessions in 2013 until you have paid your membership fees.
The club have compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for new members.
There is also a Club Guide for members and non-members wishing to join.
or alternatively click here to download a Postal Membership Form (This can take 2 weeks to process.)
The club fees have not increased this year.
There are 3 categories of membership which are: (All ages are at 31st Dec 2013.)
Junior (£5) - if aged from 8 to 13, (If your 14th birthday is in 2013, then you are a student member).
Student (£15) - if aged 14 to 18 or are in full-time education at a school, college or university, including mature students. Establishment and course must be clearly stated.
Full (£25) - for all other persons aged 18 or over.
Fees for training at the pool, the track, and for turbo/circuits have also been kept the same for 2013 at £2 per session.
These rules may be amended from time to time at the discretion of the committee. All changes will be publicised to members
Serious disregard or breaches of these rules reported to the committee may result in the offending member being expelled from the club. The Club's disciplinary procedure will be applied.
1) Members agree not to bring the Club into disrepute
2) Members agree upon and have signed a Code of Conduct
3) Members must abide by the rules and articles of British Triathlon
1) The local swimming pool rules must be adhered to
2) Members must not enter water until appropriate number of lifeguards is in place for all swim sessions
3) In open water members must make themselves aware of all specific dangers relating to the chosen location.
4) Members must take their own appropriate safety precautions, and ensure reasonable safety cover is in place
5) Members must not swim in prohibited areas
1) Helmets must be worn
2) Cyclists must obey the Highway Code
3) Cyclists must be courteous to other road users.
1) Members must have due regard for pedestrians and other legitimate users of foot paths, roads and bridleways and any other users of the land especially farmers
1) Members must obey all rules relating to the event they are competing in and compete in a sportsman- like manner
1) Members are welcome to compete in events organised by the Club but must provide a replacement volunteer.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR CLUB MEMBERS
Exeter Triathlon Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the Club Welfare Officer. As a member of Exeter Triathlon Club you are expected to abide by the following member's Code of Conduct:
1) All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
2) All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
3) Members must support and encourage good practice and correct actions at all times
4) Members must pay any fees for training or events before taking part.
5) Members and their supporters should not smoke at club venues or whilst representing the club at competitions.
6) Members and their supporters are not allowed to consume non medication drugs of any kind at club venues or whilst representing the club and shall not consume alcohol to excess.